Once students were all assigned, I gave them their first writing prompt. The students were to write a compliment to their Secret Santa. I made sure to tell the students NOT to include their own name in the letter, but they could sign it as their “Secret Santa”. Students MUST put the name of who it is to, though, so it can be delivered by their teacher.It was so much fun to read the student’s clever responses! Here are some of the letters from today:
As you can see, it’s SO much fun! The students will be doing up to 10 letters with writing prompts to their students and up to 4 “Report To Me” writing responses to their teacher. It’s all up to how much Katelyn wants to integrate before the Winter Break! At the end, the students will do a super fun “reveal” activity that is included in the packet! It is all very low prep because everything is provided! Included are:
- Lesson Plans (4 pages)
- Secret Santa Story
- Pictures for Secret Santa Story
- Name cards with editable text boxes
- 10 Secret Santa Letter Writing Prompts (to project on board, SMART board, or write on board)
- 4 Report To Me Writing Prompts (to project on board, SMART board, etc.)
- 10 Student “Writing Prompt” pages
- 4 Student “Report to Me” pages
- Secret Santa Reveal Cards
- ***ALL PAGES IN BOTH COLOR AND BLACK AND WHITE!!***
JOIN 10,000 EDUCATORS LIKE YOU!
Subscribe to get access to my FREE resource library with sub plans, posters, bookmarks & more!
Plus, you'll also get updates on new blog posts, freebies added to the resource library, sales, and occasional new products.