Click below to hear 10 kid-favorite Halloween classroom ideas and activities:
When you’re so excited about something, are you one that plans ahead and makes it a priority? I’m raising my hand high because that definitely describes me, especially when it comes to today’s topic: Halloween! Halloween is a big holiday in my family and always something we look forward to, which is why this episode is coming out earlier than you might have expected.
By getting this episode out earlier, it gives you time and opportunities to prepare and plan ahead! So in today’s episode, I’ll be sharing my 10 absolute kid-favorite Halloween classroom ideas and resources.
As I’ve mentioned, Halloween is a favorite in my family, but it’s also a great opportunity for you to implement some fun ideas and activities into your curriculum and classroom. Kids enjoy Halloween, which is really the first major holiday of the school year. So why not do something fun and engaging with your students?!
I’ve put together 10 of my favorite Halloween classroom ideas and activities that I know your students will enjoy. They’re all based on the Wife Teacher Mommy resources, so be sure to check those out! However, these ideas can also be used without the resources, but why not save you time and use something that has already been created for you? My 10 Halloween classroom ideas are:
- Halloween “BOO”
- Candy math
- Halloween spelling list
- Halloween alphabet and numbers
- Halloween directed drawings
- Halloween I Spy
- Halloween-related reading passages
- Halloween candy opinion/persuasive writing
- Halloween board games
- Comparing numbers
I have no doubt that your students will be engaged and learn from all of these Halloween classroom ideas and activities. There really is an activity for everyone that meets all your different academic needs and levels that students will enjoy!
In this episode on Halloween classroom ideas and activities, I discuss:
- Information about our free coaching call on September 28th at 6pm central on FaceBook Live
- Why this is a great opportunity for you to plan ahead and use ideas that will benefit you
- An explanation of each Halloween idea or activity
- How each idea is not only engaging, but involves learning at each students’ academic level
- Join the Wife Teacher Mommy Club!
- Halloween “BOO” Writing Unit
- Sweet N’ Treats Candy Math & More Bundle
- Halloween Candy Math Activities & More
- Halloween Spelling Activities
- Halloween Alphabet Worksheets Practice
- Halloween Number Worksheets Practice
- Halloween Directed Drawings Pack
- Monthly I Spy
- Monthly Differentiated Reading Comprehension Passages Growing Bundle
- Ready to Go Sub Plans Mega Bundle
- Wife Teacher Mommy: Mentioned on Podcast Amazon List
Related episodes and blog posts:
Connect with Kelsey:
- Follow her on Instagram @wifeteachermommy.
- Join our Facebook group: Wife Teacher Mommies Unite.
- Follow on Pinterest for more helpful resources.
Read the transcript for episode 35, 10 Absolute Kid-Favorite Halloween Teaching Ideas & Resources:
More about Wife Teacher Mommy: The Podcast
Being an educator is beyond a full-time job. Whether you’re a teacher or a homeschool parent, the everyday to-do list is endless. Between lesson planning, grading, meetings, and actually teaching, it probably feels impossible to show up for your students without dropping the ball in other areas of your life.
Wife Teacher Mommy: The Podcast is the show that will bring you the teacher tips, practical strategies, and inspiration that you need to relieve the stress and overwhelm of your day-to-day. Your host, Kelsey Sorenson, is a former teacher and substitute turned homeschool mom. Tune in weekly to hear Kelsey and her guests cheer you on and help you thrive as a wife, teacher, and mommy. Because with a little support and community, you can do it all. For access to every single Wife Teacher Mommy resource, join the club at www.wifeteachermommy.com/club.