These backwards story problems can be used as morning work, exit tickets, homework, no-prep warm-ups, enrichment, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want to improve their children’s creative problem-solving skills from home.
Each backwards story problem contains 5 sections that can be completed each day throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete all five sections in one day if you prefer.
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED IN EACH SET OF 36 BACKWARDS STORY PROBLEMS FOR 1ST-6TH GRADES:
- Write down as many equations as they can think of that equal the answer given
- Brainstorm some topic ideas for their problem including WHO and WHAT
- Write the Problem using an equation from the Monday section of the backwards story problem as well as a WHO and WHAT from the Tuesday section
- Write a Short Story that incorporates their story problem
- Illustrate their short story
Have any questions? Click the pink button in the corner to send us a message, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.