These backwards word problems for 2nd grade can be used as morning work, exit tickets, homework, no-prep warm-ups, enrichment, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want to improve their children’s creative problem-solving skills from home.
Each backwards story problem contains five steps that can be completed daily throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete all five steps in one day if you prefer.
Our 36 Weeks of Word Problems for 2nd Grade, including the following steps for how to write a story problem:
- Write equations they can think of that equal the answer given
- Brainstorm WHO and WHAT topic ideas for their word problem
- Using an equation from the first step, draft a story problem including the WHO and WHAT
- Compose a short story that incorporates their math equation into an addition or subtraction word problem
- Illustrate their story problem
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Grab the printable + digital versions, or save even more when you purchase all six grade levels worth of Backwards Story Problems! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle!
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.