These backwards story problems can be used as morning work, exit tickets, homework, no-prep warm-ups, enrichment, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want to improve their children’s creative problem-solving skills from home.
Each backwards story problem contains 5 sections that can be completed each day throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete all five sections in one day if you prefer.
36 Backwards Story Problems including the following sections:
- Write down as many equations as they can think of that equal the answer given
- Brainstorm some topic ideas for their problem including WHO and WHAT
- Write the Problem using an equation from the Monday section of the backwards story problem as well as a WHO and WHAT from the Tuesday section
- Write a Short Story that incorporates their story problem
- Illustrate their short story
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Grab the printable + digital versions, or save even more when you purchase all of all six grade levels worth of Backwards Story Problems! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle!
*BEST DEAL!* Grab this resource as a part of the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 5th Grade Bundle: Teacher Edition or the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 5th Grade: Parent Edition.
Have any questions? Click the pink button in the corner to send us a message, or email us at email@example.com.