These backward 6th grade story problems can be used as morning work, exit tickets, homework, no-prep warm-ups, enrichment, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want to improve their children’s creative problem-solving skills from home.
Each backward story problem contains five steps that can be completed daily throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete all five steps in one day if you prefer.
Our 36 Weeks of Backward 6th Grade Story Problems, including the following steps for how to write a story problem:
- Write equations they can think of that equal the answer given
- Brainstorm WHO and WHAT topic ideas for their word problem
- Using an equation from the first step, draft a story problem including the WHO and WHAT
- Compose a short story that incorporates their math equation into a multiplication, division, decimal, or fraction word problem
- Illustrate their story problem
SAVE EVEN MORE – Grab all six grade level’s worth of Backwards Story Problems! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle!
*BEST DEAL!* Grab this resource as a part of the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 6th Grade Bundle: Teacher Edition or the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 6th Grade: Parent Edition.
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.