These reading comprehension strategies can be used as homework, no-prep warm-ups, quick reviews, fast finisher practice, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want explicit reading comprehension strategy practice at home.
Each of the comprehension strategy graphic organizers can be completed throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete the strategy in one day if you prefer.
Each Reading Comprehension Strategies for 2nd Grade Include:
- Prediction Determine what you think will happen next
- Visualization Create mental images of characters, settings, and events
- Questioning Ask yourself questions to make sense of the text
- Making Connections Connect to the text through yourself, other texts, and the world
- Determining Importance Decide which ideas, events, or characters are the most important
- Inferring Use clues in the text and your own thoughts to draw conclusions
- Summarize In your own words, retell what is important in the text in the correct order
- Answer keys are included for each graphic organizer
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Grab the printable + digital versions, or save even more when you purchase all eight grade levels worth of Reading Comprehension Strategies! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle!
CLICK HERE FOR THE PRINT + GOOGLE BUNDLE FOR READING COMPREHENSION STRATEGIES FOR 2ND GRADE
➡️ CLICK HERE FOR THE 36 WEEKS OF READING COMPREHENSION STRATEGIES BUNDLE FOR PREK THROUGH 6TH GRADES! ⬅️