These reading comprehension strategies can be used as homework, no-prep warm-ups, quick reviews, fast finisher practice, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want explicit reading comprehension strategy practice at home.
Each of the comprehension strategy graphic organizers can be completed throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete the strategy in one day if you prefer.
Each 5th Grade Reading Comprehension Strategies Include:
- Prediction Determine what you think will happen next
- Visualization Create mental images of characters, settings, and events
- Questioning Ask yourself questions to make sense of the text
- Making Connections Connect to the text through yourself, other texts, and the world
- Determining Importance Decide which ideas, events, or characters are the most important
- Inferring Use clues in the text and your own thoughts to draw conclusions
- Summarize In your own words, retell what is important in the text in the correct order
- Answer keys are included for each graphic organizer
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Grab the printable + digital versions, or save even more when you purchase all eight grade levels worth of Reading Comprehension Strategies! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle!
*BEST DEAL!* Grab this resource as a part of the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 5th Grade Bundle: Teacher Edition or the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 5th Grade: Parent Edition.
Have any questions? Click the pink button in the corner to send us a message, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.