These reading comprehension strategies kindergarten can be used as homework, no-prep warm-ups, quick reviews, fast finisher practice, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want explicit reading comprehension strategy practice at home.
Each of the comprehension strategy graphic organizers can be completed throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete the strategy in one day if you prefer.
Each Reading Comprehension Strategies Kindergarten include the following:
- Prediction Determine what you think will happen next
- Visualization Create mental images of characters, settings, and events
- Questioning Ask yourself questions to make sense of the text
- Making Connections Connect to the text through yourself, other texts, and the world
- Determining Importance Decide which ideas, events, or characters are the most important
- Inferring Use clues in the text and your own thoughts to draw conclusions
- Summarize In your own words, retell what is important in the text
- Answer keys are included for each graphic organizer
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Save even more when you purchase all eight grade levels worth of Reading Comprehension Strategies! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle!