These reading comprehension instructional strategies can be used as homework, no-prep warm-ups, quick reviews, fast finisher practice, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want explicit reading comprehension strategy practice at home.
Each of the comprehension strategy graphic organizers can be completed throughout the week. However, you may choose to complete the strategy in one day if you prefer.
Our Reading Comprehension Instructional Strategies include the following for each grade level from preschool to 6th grade:
- Prediction Determine what you think will happen next
- Visualization Create mental images of characters, settings, and events
- Questioning Ask yourself questions to make sense of the text
- Making Connections Connect to the text through yourself, other texts, and the world
- Determining Importance Decide which ideas, events, or characters are the most important
- Inferring Use clues in the text and your own thoughts to draw conclusions
- Summarize In your own words, retell what is important in the text
- Plus! Answer keys are ready to go for you!
WANT THE BIGGEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? You save BIG TIME by grabbing the printable + digital MEGA BUNDLE!
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.