These 6th grade writing assignments can be used for classwork, homework, no-prep warm-ups, quick reviews, fast finisher practice, and more! This is also a great purchase for parents and homeschoolers who want structured writing practice at home.
The 6th grade writing assignments cover the four main types of writing, narrative, informative, opinion, and descriptive. Nine writing prompts are included for each of the four main types of writing. You can choose when to assign each type of writing & writing prompt.
Our 36 Weeks of 6th Grade Writing Assignments include a brainstorming template with a writing and illustration page. They are designed so that each prompt can last for an entire week. However, you may complete the prompt in one day if you prefer.
You’ll begin each week with a mini-lesson about the type of writing they will practice. The rest of the week can follow our suggested outline:
- Day 1: Brainstorm – use the brainstorming template provided
- Day 2: Rough Draft – quickly put thoughts on paper
- Day 3: Revise – rework the organization and details
- Day 4: Edit/Proofread – review and correct spelling and grammar errors
- Day 5: Final Draft – apply corrections on the final version using the template provided. Your student(s) will add an illustration in the space provided at the bottom.
Grab the printable + digital versions, or SAVE EVEN MORE when you purchase all eight grade levels worth of Nursery Rhyme Sequencing (Pre-K) and Writing Prompts (Kindergarten-6th Grade) Practice! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle!
*BEST DEAL!* Grab this resource as a part of the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 6th Grade Bundle: Teacher Edition or the 36 Weeks of Skills Practice for 6th Grade: Parent Edition.
Have any questions? Email us at email@example.com.