FOR THE BEST DEAL, GRAB THIS RESOURCE AS PART OF THE 3rd GRADE SUB PLANS PRINT + GOOGLE SLIDES BUNDLE!
Lesson plans for all core subjects and topics are included so that you won’t have to worry about a THING! With your purchase, you’ll get lessons for:
- Language Arts (Lesson plans and student pages for the following topics are included: parts of speech, simple/compound/complex sentences, fixing sentences, coordinating conjunctions, subject/verb agreement)
- Silent Reading Comprehension Strategies (Lesson plans and student pages for the following topics are included: text questioning, making connections, visualizing, summarizing, determining importance)
- Reading Passages (Three differentiated versions of a reading passage are included in EACH set. Passages include the following topics: Sick Day, Championship Game, Reading with Grandma, The Best Movie Snack, Charles the Great)
- Writing Lesson plans and student pages for the following topics are included: opinion writing, narrative writing, informative writing, acrostic poetry, friendly letter writing)
- Math Review (A quick math review sheet and math fluency practice page with a lesson plan are included in each sub plan set)
- Math Lesson Lesson plans and student pages for the following topics are included: word problem-solving strategies, time word problems, quadrilaterals, rounding whole numbers, interpreting graphs)
- What’s The Question? Math Activity (Students will create their own story problem with this fun and engaging math activity- lesson plan and all student pages included in each set)
- Science (Lesson plans and student pages for the following topics are included: gravity, heredity & genetics, the weather and meteorologists, fossils, static electricity)
- Social Studies (Lesson plans and student pages for the following topics are included: maps, community and citizenship, the environment, my culture, government, and community needs)
Each lesson in the 3rd grade sub plans is simple enough for the sub to follow, but the students will be engaged in real learning …and not just busywork.
These captivating lesson plans include a short section for notes at the bottom of the page for if you’d like to write any extra notes for the sub (or, alternatively, for the sub to leave you notes about how the lesson went!)
All graphic organizers, activities, or worksheets needed to complete the lesson are INCLUDED.
In addition to the core lessons, the following activities are also included so you won’t have to worry about the sub running out of things to do. See the detailed preview file for more information about each one:
- Brain Breaks that can be used to help break up the day
- Art Activity to help get creative juices flowing and fill time as needed
- Interactive Notebook covering a topic from one of the lesson plans
- Educational Game covering one of the lesson topics
- Just Add a Task Board Game This board game is nearly ready to go! All that’s left to do is add a task- such as a spelling or vocab list or math flash cards. It can also be played just for fun without a task. Color and B&W versions included.
Rest assured the day will run smoothly, because we’ve got you covered with these extras, too:
- Copies for Students Page for the printable versions No guesswork because this page lists what pages need to be copied for you or your sub’s convenience.
- Sub Tub Organization Tips so you can get your physical sub tub organized in a jiffy
- Print-and-Go Thank You Cards so your sub knows that you appreciate them and likely comes back to your classroom
- How Did Your Day Go? Substitute Notes Form Leave this form and you’ll more than likely get detailed notes from your substitute!
- Substitute Punch Cards These make a great behavior management tool that is special JUST for substitutes!
- Binder Cover and Spines to get your master-copy binder organized
- Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides for ALL worksheets & graphic organizers
And last, but certainly not least, you will receive a bonus editable PowerPoint so you can customize your sub plans to perfectly fit YOUR classroom!
The PowerPoint includes:
- Substitute Plan Outline A complete editable outline for your entire day! It has been filled out but you may customize it to suit your needs
- Additional Notes for the Substitute Any other notes you’d like to make to the substitute here in the PowerPoint since everything else is in PDF format
- School Schedule so your sub knows when to use each lesson
- Classroom Info form so your sub can have the important info they need at their fingertips
- Class List template because EVERY sub we have talked to has told us that this is a MUST!
Please review the in-depth preview to inform you even further before your purchase of these 3rd grade emergency sub plans. The preview includes real-life photos, collages, full-size sample pages, and testimonials. We want you to feel confident in your purchase!
FOR THE BEST DEAL AND BE COVERED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK, GRAB THIS RESOURCE AS PART OF THE 3rd GRADE SUB PLANS PRINT + GOOGLE SLIDES BUNDLE!
Or only need the Google Slides versions? Save money and get JUST the Google Slides sets with the 3rd Grade Sub Plans Google Slides Bundle and be covered for a week or more here!
Need only certain subjects? Check out our departmentalized sub plan options below!