What makes these 4th Grade Reading Passages so unique?
This product includes four reading passage topics. Each topic in this set includes three leveled passages (high, medium, and low) for a total of 12 passage options! The passages have been carefully leveled, and the levels are subtly marked with a small icon in the corner. No child will feel left out since the mark is only a small symbol. Because the 3 levels of passages will use the same reading comprehension question page, you can assign each child the page that is most appropriate for their level while still discussing the same topics and questions with the full class. Differentiation made simple! Alternatively, you can always assign the full class the same level.
Relevant content sparks students’ interest and increases engagement. Not only do these passages include a variety of non-fiction and fiction stories, but your students will also be excited to study topics like holidays and seasons that are part of their present environment.
Every passage includes a full page of comprehension questions. The first question on every page will help students activate their background knowledge about the passage topic. This question is followed by comprehension questions from the text (multiple choice and free response). Last, there is a deeper thinking question to encourage critical thinking and hit a variety of grade-level language arts standards.
BONUS! A half-page option is also included for the reading comprehension questions (not pictured) This is a GREAT option if you want to save on paper while printing
Full Contents of the 4th Grade January Reading Passages Printable Version:
- A Note To Teacher – Instructions so you’ll know just how to get the most out of these passages
- Passage Differentiation Information – A guide so you can easily differentiate with this resource
- Reading Comprehension Information – A key that identifies how icons on the question sheet connect to reading skills, so you can monitor students’ progress on activating background knowledge, comprehending key details, and meeting grade-level standards.
- Icy Animals Passages & Questions – A nonfiction passage about how a few unique animals embrace the cold
- Martin Passages & Questions – A fictional story with historical roots about a boy named after Martin Luther King Jr.
- Ice Roads Passages & Questions – Learn about the functions of Canadian ice roads
- Robot New Year Passages & Questions – A science fiction story with emotional literacy themes
- Answer Key – To make grading and discussions a breeze
BEST DEAL: If you’re looking for a resource like this that will last the full year, please check out the 4th Grade Monthly Differentiated Reading Comprehension Passages Year-Long Growing Bundle.
Be sure to check out all of our reading passages. This also pairs perfectly with the resources below!