What is included in these 6th Grade Emergency Sub Plans?
FOR THE BEST DEAL AND TO BE PREPARED FOR A WEEK OR MORE, GRAB THIS RESOURCE AS PART OF THE 6th GRADE SUB PLANS PDF + GOOGLE SLIDES BUNDLE!
Lesson plans for all core subjects and topics are included so that you won’t have to worry about a THING! With your 6th grade emergency sub plans purchase, you’ll get lesson plans & student pages for:
- Language Arts- Subjective/objective/possessive pronouns, reflexive and intensive pronouns, personification, restrictive and non-restrictive elements, and context clues
- Silent Reading Comprehension Strategies- Text questioning, making connections, visualizing, summarizing, and determining importance
- Reading Passages- Three differentiated versions of a reading passage are included in EACH set. Passages include the following topics: Sick Day, Championship Game, Reading with Grandma, The Best Movie Snack, and Charlemagne
- Writing- Opinion writing, narrative writing, informative writing, acrostic poetry, and friendly letter writing
- Math Review- A quick math review sheet and math fluency practice page is included in each 6th grade math emergency sub plans set
- Math Lesson- Ratios, volume of rectangular prisms, number lines and absolute value, writing algebraic expressions, and dividing fractions by fractions
- What’s The Question? Math Activity- Students will create their own story problem with this fun and engaging math activity
- Science- Planets in the solar system, Earth’s axis and seasons, heat transfer, photosynthesis, and cells
- Social Studies- Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Inventors, and their Inventions, and Forms of Government
Each lesson in the 6th grade emergency sub plans is simple enough for the sub to follow, but will engage your students in real learning …and not just busywork.
These captivating lesson plans include a short section for notes at the bottom of the page if you’d like to write extra notes for the sub (or, alternatively, for the sub to leave you notes about how the lesson went!)
All graphic organizers, activities, or worksheets needed to complete the lesson are INCLUDED in these sub plans.
In addition to the core lessons, the following 6th grade emergency sub plans activities* are also included so you won’t have to worry about the sub running out of things to do.
- Brain Breaks that can be used to help break up the day
- Art Activity to help get creative juices flowing and fill time as needed
- Interactive Notebook covering a topic from one of the lesson plans- printable + digital options!
- Educational Game covering one of the lesson topics- printable card game + digital game with moveable pieces!
- Just Add a Task Board Game This board game is nearly ready to go! All that’s left to do is add a task- such as a spelling or vocab list or math flash cards. It can also be played just for fun without a task. Color and B&W versions are included.
*See the detailed preview file for more information about each one
Rest assured the day will run smoothly, because we’ve got you covered with these 6th grade emergency sub plans extras, too:
- Copies for Students Page No guesswork because this page lists what pages need to be copied for your or your sub’s convenience.
- Sub Tub Organization Tips so you can get your physical sub tub organized in a jiffy
- Print-and-Go Thank You Cards so your sub knows that you appreciate them and likely come back to your classroom
- How Did Your Day Go? Substitute Notes Form Leave this form and you’ll more than likely get detailed notes from your substitute!
- Substitute Punch Cards These make a great behavior management tool that is special JUST for substitutes!
- Binder Cover and Spines to get your master-copy binder organized
- Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides for ALL worksheets & graphic organizers
And last, but certainly not least, you will receive a bonus editable PowerPoint so you can customize your 6th grade emergency sub plans to perfectly fit YOUR classroom! The PowerPoint includes:
- Substitute Plan Outline A complete editable outline for your entire day! It has been filled out but you may customize it to suit your needs
- Additional Notes for the Substitute Any other notes you’d like to make to the substitute here in the PowerPoint since everything else is in PDF format
- School Schedule to make sure your sub knows when to use each lesson
- Classroom Info form to give your sub the important info they need at their fingertips
- Class List template because EVERY sub we have talked to has told us that this is a MUST!
Please review the in-depth preview to inform you even further before your purchase of these 6th grade emergency sub plans. The preview includes real-life photos, collages, full-size sample pages, and testimonials. We want you to feel confident in your purchase!
FOR THE BEST DEAL AND BE COVERED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK, GRAB THIS RESOURCE AS PART OF THE 6th GRADE SUB PLANS PDF + GOOGLE SLIDES BUNDLE!
Or only need the Google Slides versions? Save money, get JUST the Google Slides sets with the 6th Grade Sub Plans Google Slides Bundle, and be covered for a week or more here!
Need only certain subjects? Check out our departmentalized sub plan options below!