Get your sub tub ready with the Emergency 6th Grade Sub Plans Bundle!
Fill up your sub now so you are prepared when you need it! These 6th grade sub plans make sub planning easier than ever, so you can rest easy when you need it.
The truth of the matter is, you work so hard to serve everyone else every single day! But you need to take care of yourself, too. Whether that means you need to take a stress-free sick day, a mental health day, or a vacation, having Ready To Go Sub Plans on hand can help you achieve the work/life balance you strive for.
Lesson plans for all core subjects and topics are included so that you won’t have to worry about a THING! With your 6th grade sub plans purchase, you’ll get lesson plans & student pages for the following in both printable AND digital formats:
- Language Arts- Subjective/objective/possessive pronouns, reflexive and intensive pronouns, personification, restrictive and non-restrictive elements, and context clues
- Silent Reading Comprehension Strategies- Text questioning, making connections, visualizing, summarizing, and determining importance
- Reading Passages- Three differentiated versions of a reading passage are included in EACH set. Passages include the following topics: Sick Day, Championship Game, Reading with Grandma, The Best Movie Snack, and Charlemagne.
- Writing- Opinion writing, narrative writing, informative writing, acrostic poetry, and friendly letter writing)
- Math Review – A quick math review sheet and math fluency practice page is included in each 6th grade math emergency sub plans set
- Math Lesson- Ratios, volume of rectangular prisms, number lines and absolute value, writing algebraic expressions, and dividing fractions by fractions
- What’s The Question? Math Activity- Students will create their own story problem with this fun and engaging math activity.
- Science- Planets in the solar system, Earth’s axis and seasons, heat transfer, photosynthesis, and cells
- Social Studies- Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Inventors, and their Inventions, and Forms of Government
Each lesson in the 6th grade sub plans is simple enough for the sub to follow, but will engage your students in real learning …and not just busy work.
These captivating lesson plans include a short section for notes at the bottom of the page if you’d like to write extra notes for the sub (or, alternatively, for the sub to leave you notes about how the lesson went!)
All graphic organizers, activities, or worksheets needed to complete the lesson are INCLUDED in these emergency 6th grade sub plans.
All that’s left to do is make copies of the student pages…. Or opt to use the digital Google Slides versions which are ready to go with text boxes and movable pieces in ALL-DIGITAL format.
In addition to the core lessons, the following activities are also included so you won’t have to worry about the sub running out of things to do. 6th grade emergency sub plans BONUS activities included in each of the 5 sets:
- Brain Breaks that can be used to help break up the day
- Art Activity to help get creative juices flowing and fill time as-needed
- Interactive Notebook covering a topic from one of the lesson plans- printable + digital options!
- Educational Game covering one of the lesson topics- printable card game + digital game with moveable pieces!
- Just Add a Task Board Game All that’s left to do is add a task- such as a spelling or vocab list or math flash cards. It can also be played just for fun without a task. Color and B&W printable versions AND a digital version with movable pieces
- Digital BINGO Game with movable pieces! The BINGO includes content from the other lessons during the day
Rest assured the day will run smoothly, because we’ve got you covered with these 6th grade sub plans extras, too:
- Copies for Students Page for the printable versions. No guesswork because this page lists what pages need to be copied for your or your sub’s convenience.
- Digital versions include separate substitute and teacher Google Drive links for EASY assigning to students
- Sub Planning Tips for 1:1 Classroom OR Virtual Sub Plans so no matter what reason you need digital sub plans, you know how to best utilize these plans
- Tips for using Google Slides in OTHER DIGITAL platforms so you can use these sub plans EVEN IF you don’t use Google Classroom
- Sub Tub Organization Tips so you can get your physical sub tub organized in a jiffy
- Print-and-go Thank You Cards so your sub knows that you appreciate them and likely come back to your classroom
- How Did Your Day Go? Substitute Notes Form so you’ll more than likely get detailed notes from your substitute (print + digital options!)
- Substitute Punch Cards make a great behavior management tool that is special JUST for substitutes!
- Binder Cover and Spines to get your master-copy binder organized
- Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides for ALL worksheets & graphic organizers so even if your sub doesn’t know the answers, they have something to refer to (and in the digital version, the answer keys are NOT inside the student document- so there will be no accidentally assigning students the answer key on our watch 😉
And last, but certainly not least, this comprehensive 6th grade sub plans resource also includes editable forms to fill out in the same document as the lesson plans so you can customize your sub plans to perfectly fit YOUR classroom!
- Substitute Plan Outline A complete editable outline for your entire day! It has been filled out but you may customize it to suit your needs
- Technology Instructions These pages are available for you to give your sub tips for 1:1 tech instruction OR virtual lessons
- Additional Notes for the Substitute Any other notes you’d like to make to the substitute here in the PowerPoint since the pre-written lesson plans themselves are NOT editable
- School Schedule to make sure your sub knows when to use each lesson
- Classroom Info form to give your sub the important info they need at their fingertips
- Class List template because EVERY sub we have talked to has told us that this is a MUST!
Please review the in-depth preview to inform you even further before your purchase of these 6th grade sub plans. The preview includes real-life photos, collages, full-size sample pages, and testimonials. We want you to feel confident in your purchase!
You get the BEST deal by purchasing this bundle! But if you need only certain subjects, check out our departmentalized sub plan options below!