What is included in this Ancient Civilizations Research Project?
- Teacher Info Pages: This includes a sample unit outline, grading rubric, lesson plans for internet research, intro lesson, research journals, and final projects.
- Book research/ text features worksheets: Students will review other text features including a glossary, titles, headings, photos, captions, graphs/charts, and special print. They will also compare and contrast the table of contents and index.
- Internet research worksheets: These worksheets will familiarize your students with how to find credible sources on the internet for research.
- Ancient Civilization Cards Cards with the name and clip art of the ancient civilizations. You can use these to assign students a person to research. The following cards are included:
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Rome
- Ancient China
- Ancient Mesopotamia
- Ancient Kush
- Early Hebrews
- Research Journals: The research journals will guide the students throughout their research. There is one question on each page for the students to find the answer to. Pre-written pages are included, plus blank ones to add your own questions. Full-page and half-page versions are BOTH included in this resource. Choose which version is best for your students.
- Important Structure & Written Report Instructions Lesson plan for the student’s final project
- Parent Letter & Invitation: Keep the parents in the loop! Let them know what is going on with the unit, and invite them to see the student’s hard work. Both of these are editable.
- Final Report Pages and info: A final report page is included as well as examples and lessons for their final project.
- **BONUS! ALL PAGES in the document are included in both vivid color AND Ink Friendly Black & White for your convenience**