The 5th & 6th grade April ELA lesson plans include:
“April ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! The back cover is also included.
“April ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″, or 2″ binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included in the April lesson plans!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Easter Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank-you notes are Easter themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Raindrop Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This substitute notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun raindrop theme!
Bunny Themed Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
Copies for Students List
- A clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA April Lesson Plan Checklist
- This checklist is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: April Fill-In-The-Blanks
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.! Students will get a kick out of these while practicing their parts of speech.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: April Fixing Sentences
- Students will fix sentences at an upper-grade level with these fun and engaging worksheets.
Descriptive Writing Lesson: My Perfect Easter Egg
- Students will describe their perfect Easter egg. Then they will draw a picture.
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming page, writing page, and illustration page.
Comic Writing Lesson: Earth Day Heroes
- Students will write their own comic about Earth Day Heroes and what they can do to help the planet.
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming page, and writing page.
Playing in the Rain & Arbor Day Reading Prompts & Lesson Plan
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. (Multiple choice or written response with crayon underlining). Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is a narrative about playing in the rain and the other is an informational piece about Arbor Day.
- A lesson plan is also included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read-aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on making connections during reading. This lesson can be used over and over.
- A lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
“April Showers” ELA Review Game
- Students will practice parts of speech and figurative language with a FUN and engaging board game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
Earth Day Flap Book Activity
- Students will write about & illustrate what they will do for the planet on Earth Day. They will also write a short statement. The lesson plan is also included.
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets in the 5th & 6th grade April ELA lesson plans.
Want to get the best deal and get organized for the whole year? Save 20% AND get the organization bonus when you purchase this in the Year of ELA Sub Plans Bundle for 5th-6th grades!
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY? You can find these reviews on my “Ready To Go Sub Plans” on TpT, which follow the same formatting as these brand-new ones.
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all-inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored it in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”