What is included in the Author Study PDF Research Unit?
- Teacher Info Pages: This includes a sample unit outline, grading rubric, lesson plans for internet research, intro lesson, research journals, and final projects.
- Book research/ text features worksheets: Students will review other text features including a glossary, titles, headings, photos, captions, graphs/charts, and special print. They will also compare and contrast the table of contents and index.
- Internet research worksheets: These worksheets will familiarize your students with how to find credible sources on the internet for research.
- Author Cards Cards with clip art of 18 popular authors are included which you can use to assign historical figures. You may also add up to 6 additional authors if you wish. (You could add authors from the class read aloud, etc.)
- Research Journals: The research journals will guide the students throughout their research. There is one question on each page for the students to find the answer to. Pre-written pages are included, plus blank ones to add your own questions. Full-page and half-page versions are BOTH included in this resource. Choose which version is best for your students.
- Biography Booklet Instructions Lesson plan for the student’s final project
- Parent Letter & Invitation: Keep the parents in the loop! Let them know what is going on with the unit, and invite them to see the student’s hard work. Both of these are editable.
- Final Report Pages and info: A final report page is included as well as examples and lessons for their final project.
- **BONUS! ALL PAGES in the document are included in both vivid color AND Ink Friendly Black & White for your convenience**
You can also grab this resource as part of a bundle! Save 30% with the Science and Social Studies Research Unit Mega Bundle!
Need only Social Studies? You can save 20% with the Social Studies Research Unit Bundle.