The 3rd & 4th grade December ELA lesson plans include:
“December ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! The back cover is also included.
“December ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″, or 2″ binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included in these December lesson plans!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Santa Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank-you notes are Santa themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Ornament Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This subsittute notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun ornament theme!
Christmas Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
Copies for Students List
- A clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA Lesson Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1 December Fill-In-The-Blanks
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.! Students will get a kick out of these while practicing their parts of speech.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2 December Fixing Sentences
- Students will fix sentences at an upper-grade level with these fun and engaging worksheets.
Opinion Writing Lesson & December Writing Prompt: Pet Reindeer
- Students will write a brief opinion piece about having a pet reindeer.
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming pages, and writing page
Descriptive Writing Lesson & December Writing Prompt: My Dream Christmas Present
- Students will get specific with their dream Christmas present in this lesson!
- The lesson plan, writing page, and illustration page are included.
Reading Prompts & Lesson
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is an informational piece about Hanukkah and the other is about making cookies for Santa.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read-aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on summarizing. This lesson can be used over and over.
- A lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
“The Gingerbread Man” ELA Review Game
- Students will practice their parts of speech AND figurative language with a FUN and engaging board game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
Christmas Tree Art Activity
- The Christmas tree art activity is a lot of fun! Students will decorate the Christmas tree on the outside, and draw and color the presents on the inside! They will also write what they like about Christmas trees. The lesson plan is also included.
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets