WANT TO SAVE MONEY AND BE PREPARED ALL YEAR? You can grab this set of sub plans in my An Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans for Kindergarten- THE BIG BUNDLE! You will save 20% by purchasing the full year in the bundle!
This Resource Includes:
“December ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
“December ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Santa Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are Santa themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Ornament Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun ornament theme!
Christmas Themed Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
Copies for Students
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA Lesson Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: Letter Writing Practice with J, K, and L
- Students will practice writing the letters J, K, and L and identify objects that use their sounds. Christmas themed!
- Includes lesson plan & 3 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: Rhyming: Sounds -ELL and -OCK
- Students will do a cut and paste activity to practice rhyming! They will find words to match “BELL” and “SOCK” to keep up the Christmas theme.
- Includes lesson plan & 1 page of cut out cards and 2 pages for students to sort and paste them.
Writing Lesson: Santa Acrostic Poem
- Students will write an acrostic poem- using one word for each of the letters in the word “SANTA”! Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
Writing Lesson: If I Had a Pet Reindeer
- Students will write about if they had a pet reindeer and illustrate their writing.
- Lesson plan and writing/illustration page included.
Writing Lesson: My Dream Christmas Gift
- Students will use their imagination to come up with their DREAM Christmas gift. They will then draw a picture of it inside Santa’s bag! The writing and illustration page is included.
- Students will put the pictures of “How To Decorate a Christmas Tree” in order and finish a brief sentence for each.
Reading Prompts & Lesson
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is about cookies for Santa and the other is about Christmas jammies.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud for any narrative story. It is focused on summarizing their reading. This lesson can be used over and over with new stories!
- Lesson plan and graphic organizer included
“The Gingerbread Man” Sight Words Game
- Students will practice their sight words with a FUN and engaging sight words game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
Christmas Tree Art Activity
- The Christmas tree art activity is a lot of fun! Students will decorate the Christmas tree on the outside, and draw and color the presents on the inside! The lesson plan is also included.
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.