Get your sub tub ready with the 6th Grade Emergency Sub Plans Bundle!
Fill up your sub now so you are prepared when you need it! These 6th grade emergency sub plans make sub planning easier than ever, so you can rest easy when you need it. The truth of the matter is, you work so hard to serve everyone else every single day! But you need to take care of yourself, too. Whether that means you need to take a stress free sick day, a mental health day, or a vacation, having Ready To Go Sub Plans on hand can help you achieve the work/life balance you strive for.
Detailed lesson plans for the following core subjects and topics are included in the 6th grade sub plans:
- Language Arts (Topics include: subjective/objective/possessive pronouns, reflexive and intensive pronouns, idioms, restrictive and non restrictive elements, and context clues)
- Silent Reading Comprehension Strategy Lesson (Topic: text questioning, making connections, visualizing, summarizing, and main idea)
- Reading Passages Lesson (Two differentiated reading passages are included for a beginning and end of the year leve for EVERY set. Choose the best one or use both and differentiate. The topic of the reading passages include a sick teacher, soccer, movie popcorn, reading, and middle ages).
- Writing (Topics include: argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, acrostic poetry, and friendly letter writing)
- Math (A quick math review sheet is included for EVERY set. Then, the lesson topics include ratios, volume, line plots, writing algebraic expressions, and dividing fractions)
- Science (Topics include: planets, earth’s axis and seasons, light/reflection/refraction, heat transfer, and heredity and genetics)
- Social Studies (Topics include: Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, important inventors and their inventions, and forms of government: monarchy and republic)
In addition to the core lessons, the following activities also included in EVERY set of 6th grade emergency sub plans:
- Brain Breaks
- Art Activity
- Interactive Notebook
- Educational Game
- Just Add a Task Board Game (These board games are nearly ready to go! All that’s left to do is add a task- such as a spelling or vocab list or math flash cards. It can also be played just for fun without a task. Color and B&W versions included.)
You will also receive the following pages to assist you and your substitute teacher:
- Copies for Students Page for EVERY set (this page lists what pages need to be copied for you or your sub’s convenience)
- Organization Tips
- Print-and-go Thank You Cards
- How Did Your Day Go? Substitute Notes Form (leave this form and you’ll more than likely get detailed notes from your substitute!)
- Substitute Punch Cards (these make a great behavior management tool that is special for substitutes!)
- Binder Cover and Spines for EACH set!
- Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides for ALL worksheets & graphic organizers
And last, but certainly not least, you will receive a bonus editable PowerPoint in every set. While most of the document is print-and-go for your convenience, this bonus editable document allows you to customize your outline and information to your own class.
The Sub Plan PowerPoints include:
- Substitute Plan Outline (a complete editable outline for your entire day! It has been filled out but you may customize it to suit your needs)
- Additional Notes for the Substitute (Any other notes you’d like to make to the substitute here in the PowerPoint, since everything else is in PDF format)
- School Schedule
- Classroom Info
- Class List