What is included in these Emergency Sub Plans for First Grade?
FOR THE BEST DEAL, GRAB THIS RESOURCE AS PART OF THE 1st GRADE SUB PLANS PRINT + GOOGLE SLIDES BUNDLE!
Lesson plans for all core subjects and topics are included so that you won’t have to worry about a THING! With your purchase, you’ll get Google Slides lesson plans & student pages for:
- Language Arts- capitals and end marks, common and proper nouns, adjectives, past/present/future tense, and prepositions & positional words
- Silent Reading Comprehension Strategies- text questioning, making connections, visualizing, summarizing, determining importance
- Reading Passages- Three differentiated versions of reading passages are included in EACH set. Passages include the following topics: Sick Day, The Soccer Game, Reading with Mom, The Best Movie Snack, The King
- Writing- opinion writing, narrative writing, informative writing, acrostic poetry, letter writing
- Math Review- A quick math review sheet and math fluency practice page
- Math Lesson- addition and subtraction, greater than or less than, the equal sign, more addition & subtraction practice, and shapes review
- What’s The Question? Math Activity- Students will create their own story problem with this fun and engaging math activity
- Science- living things, heat/light/sound energy, the sun’s patterns, animal offspring, and the earth and moon
- Social Studies- community helpers, respecting differences, people at school, fire safety, and working with others
Each lesson in the emergency sub plans for first grade is simple enough for the sub to follow, but the students will be engaged in real learning …and not just busy work.
All graphic organizers, activities, or worksheets needed to complete the lesson are INCLUDED in these 1st grade emergency sub plans. Plus these Google Slides versions are ready to go with text boxes and movable pieces in ALL-DIGITAL format.
In addition to the core lessons, the following DIGITAL activities are also included in these 1st grade emergency sub plans so you won’t have to worry about the sub running out of things to do. See the detailed preview file for more information about each one:
- Brain Breaks that can be used to help break up the day
- Art Activity to help get creative juices flowing and fill time as-needed
- Digital Notebook Template covering a topic from one of the lesson plans
- Digital BINGO Game with movable pieces! The BINGO includes content from the other lessons during the day
- Digital Educational Game with movable pieces! The educational game covers content from the other lessons from the day
- Just Add a Task Digital Board Game with movable pieces! All that’s left to do is add a task- such as a spelling or vocab list or math flash cards. It can also be played just for fun without a task. Color and B&W versions included.)
Rest assured the day will run smoothly, because we’ve got you covered with these extras, too:
- Teacher PDF with tips for utilizing the Google Slides documents
- Separate substitute and teacher Google Drive links for EASY assigning to students
- Sub Planning Tips for 1:1 Classroom OR Virtual Sub Plans
- DIGITAL How Did Your Day Go? Substitute Notes Form leave this form and you’ll more than likely get detailed notes from your substitute!
- Print-and-Go Thank You Cards and Substitute Punch Cards make a great behavior management tool that is special for substitutes! << these printable bonuses are included in the teacher 1st grade emergency sub plans PDF file
- Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides for ALL worksheets & graphic organizers– located in the SUBSTITUTE document- so there will be no accidentally assigning students the answer key on our watch 😉
And last, but certainly not least, the substitute document also includes editable forms to fill out in the same document as the lesson plans so you can customize your sub plans to perfectly fit YOUR classroom! The editable sections include:
- Substitute Plan Outline A complete editable outline for your entire day! It has been filled out but you may customize it to suit your needs
- Technology Instructions These pages are available for you to give your sub tips for 1:1 tech instruction OR virtual lessons
- Additional Notes for the Substitute Any other notes you’d like to make to the substitute here in the PowerPoint since the pre-written lesson plans themselves are NOT editable
- School Schedule to make sure your sub knows when to use each lesson
- Classroom Info form to give your sub the important information they need at their fingertips
- Class List template because EVERY sub we have talked to has told us that this is a MUST!
Please review the in-depth preview to inform you even further before your purchase of these Google Slides digital 1st grade emergency sub plans. The preview includes collages, screenshots, and testimonials. We want you to feel confident in your purchase!