Check out this video of the February Sub Plans for K-5! This listing is for grades 1-2
This Resource Includes:
“February ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder!
- A list of everything that is included!
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
- These print-and-go thank you notes are valentine themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun heart theme!
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, colors, etc! They are simple enough for young students to be able to do, but also a fun and educational activity. Blank versions are also available without the parts of speech. Younger students can just fill in the blanks instead.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
- Students will fix sentences with these fun and engaging worksheets. These include fun winter & Valentine’s Day and other February themes!
- Students will brainstorm and write about what love means to them during this engaging lesson.
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming page, and writing page
- Students will write a narrative story about a Valentine monster! They can use their creativity to write and illustrate their story.
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming page, and writing page.
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. (Multiple choice or written response with crayon underlining). Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is a narrative piece that takes place during Chinese New Year and the other is about Black History Month.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on making inferences during reading. This lesson can be used over and over.
- Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
- Students will practice their sight words with a FUN and engaging sight words game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
- The groundhog flap book activity is a lot of fun! Students will decide whether they want the groundhog to see their shadow… or not! The lesson plan is also included.
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.