WANT TO SAVE MONEY AND BE PREPARED ALL YEAR? You can grab this set of lesson plans in our An Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans for 5th and 6th grade- THE BIG BUNDLE! You will save 20% by purchasing the full year in the bundle!
This Resource Includes:
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included so you can put together a polished binder.
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder so you can choose what size works best for your organization… you’re the boss!
- A list of everything that is included so you can have a reference at your fingertips.
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
- These print-and-go thank you notes are mitten themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun snowflake theme!
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! These will do the trick! They offer a great extrinsic reward… in addition to the intrinsic rewards of fun and engaging monthly themed activities.
- A clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your math block.
Quick Math Review: These quick reviews will go over grade-appropriate math content. 2 versions are included, one for each grade level, per lesson. A total of 6 quick math reviews are included.
Fluency Practice: These include quick problems that the students should be able to solve quickly. 2 versions are included, one for each grade level, per lesson. A total of 6 fluency practice pages are included.
Riddle: Students will need to solve the math problems to find the answer to the monthly themed riddle. 2 versions are included, one for each grade level, per lesson. A total of 6 fluency practice pages are included.
Word Problems: Each lesson includes two pages of word problems. Use the one that is most appropriate or use both and differentiate. A total of 6 word problem pages are included.
What’s The Question? Each lesson ends with a “What’s the Question?” Backwards story problem. The students are given an answer and need to come up with a problem that has their answer. Then, they will brainstorm who and what the problem is about, write the problem, and draw a picture. Three of these activities are included.
Game: See more about the games listed below.
Color by Number/Math Problem: 3 total color by math problem pages are included.
Card Game Math Lesson
A set of cards are included, as well as instructions to play Go Fish and war with the same set of cards. Cards included in color and black and white!
Students will practice fact fluency and story problems with a FUN and engaging math game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over! A colored version of the game has also been added in case you want to use it for more than just sub days, but black and white is also included.
- Great for playing all month long to keep building math skills.
Answer keys are included for ALL student worksheets so that you can quickly and easily check their work.
“Used these plans yesterday and had great feedback from the sub in my room. They were very grateful for the detailed instructions and the kids were highly engaged all day! Thank you so much!!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“I love this resource!! It was so easy to get ready for a sub because I would just open up my Math Sub binder and choose a few activities for the day!! Thanks so much!!”
“Y’all… this is LIFE CHANGING!! I can’t tell you the time and money I’ve spent looking for resources to leave for my students when I’m out. As a first year teacher, the struggle is real with the PD’s and testing requiring me to be absent. There’s SO much to use here! I purchased this just yesterday for a planned absence I had today and was able to create a packet of relevant resources for my sub to assign. Took no time at all and it’s super easy to navigate. I can’t wait to print it all and get my tub ready. The organizer tabs are also an extra convenient bonus. No more will I have to worry about the stress of sub planning. This will literally last me a lifetime. Thank you Wife Teacher Mommy!! “