What is included in this Kindergarten Language Arts Sub Plans Print & Digital Bundle?
Each lesson in these kindergarten language arts sub plans is simple enough for the sub to follow, but will engage your students in authentic learning …and not just busy work. Each lesson plan has a section for teacher notes at the bottom for any notes you’d like to leave for the sub (or for the sub to leave you notes!) All the graphic organizers, activities, or worksheets needed to complete every lesson are included. The following topics are included:
- Letter writing worksheets for letters A-Z
- CVC lessons include: Short A, E, I, O, and U
- Phonemic awareness lesson plans
- Language Arts lesson topics include: capitals and end marks, writing your name, reading and writing sight words, periods/question marks/exclamation points, and question words
- Reading Passages Lesson: Two versions of a differentiated reading passage are included with free-response and multiple-choice options. Choose the best one or use both and differentiate. The topics of the reading passages are Sick Day, Soccer, Reading, The Movie, and The King
- Writing activity lesson topics include: my favorite animal, my favorite book, my favorite food, my favorite song, and my favorite thing to do
In addition to the kindergarten ELA lessons, the following print & digital student activities are also included so you won’t have to worry about the sub running out of things to do.
- Brain Breaks that can be used to help break up the day
- Art Activity to help get creative juices flowing and fill time as-needed
- Digital Notebook Template covering a topic from one of the lesson plans
- Digital BINGO Game with movable pieces! The BINGO includes content from the other lessons during the day
- Digital Educational Game with movable pieces! The educational game covers content from the other lessons from the day
- Just Add a Task Digital Board Game with movable pieces! All that’s left to do is add a task- such as a spelling or vocab list or math flash cards. It can also be played just for fun without a task. Color and B&W versions are included.
Extras to make kindergarten ELA sub-planning EASY FOR YOU!
- Copies for Students Page for the printable versions No guesswork because this page lists what pages need to be copied for you or your sub’s convenience
- Digital versions include separate substitute and teacher Google Drive links for EASY assigning to students
- Sub Planning Tips for 1:1 Classroom OR Virtual Sub Plans so no matter what reason you need digital sub plans, you know how to best utilize these plans
- Tips for using Google Slides in OTHER DIGITAL platforms so you can use these sub plans EVEN IF you don’t use Google Classroom
- Sub Tub Organization Tips so you can get your physical sub tub organized in a jiffy
- Print-and-go Thank You Cards so your sub knows that you appreciate them and likely come back to your classroom
- How Did Your Day Go? Substitute Notes Form so you’ll more than likely get detailed notes from your substitute (print + digital options!)
- Substitute Punch Cards make a great behavior management tool special JUST for substitutes!
- Binder Cover and Spines to get your master-copy binder organized
- Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides for ALL worksheets & graphic organizers so even if your sub doesn’t know the answers, they have something to refer to (and in the digital version, the answer keys are NOT inside the student document- so there will be no accidentally assigning students the answer key on our watch
Plus, a bonus editable PowerPoint, which includes:
While most of the digital kindergarten language arts sub plans are ready to go for your convenience, this bonus editable document allows you to customize your outline and information to your own class.
- Substitute Plan Outline: A complete editable outline for your entire day! It has been filled out but you may customize it to suit your needs
- Additional Notes for the Substitute: Any other notes you’d like to make to the substitute here in the PowerPoint since everything else is in PDF format
- School Schedule: To make sure your sub knows when to use each lesson
- Classroom Info Form: To give your sub the important info they need at their fingertips
- Class List Template: EVERY sub we have talked to has told us that this is a MUST!