We know it’s tough creating and searching for reading comprehension content– then figuring out how to make it work for each of your students. Give yourself a break! There’s everything you need here in this bundle.
SETS TO BE INCLUDED:
Please note that these are the APPROXIMATE dates that we plan to post each resource, so check this page for the most updated dates! They may be posted slightly before or after the listed date. Our goal is to get each resource posted BEFORE these listed dates so you have more time to prep… but that also means the price may increase even sooner. Grab the bundle now for the best pricing!
- January Reading Passages Printable Already Added
- January Reading Passages Digital Already Added
- February Reading Passages Printable Already Added
- February Reading Passages Digital Already Added
- March Reading Passages Printable Already Added
- March Reading Passages Digital Already Added
- April Reading Passages Printable Already Added
- April Reading Passages Digital Already Added
- May Reading Passages Printable Already Added
- May Reading Passages Digital Already Added
- Summer Reading Passages Printable Already Added
- Summer Reading Passages Digital Already Added
- August Reading Passages Printable August 1- Price will increase to $50, Full Value $110
- August Reading Passages Digital August 1- Price will increase to $50, Full Value $110
- September Reading Passages Printable September 1- Price will increase to $55, Full Value $110
- September Reading Passages Digital September 1- Price will increase to $55, Full Value $110
- October Reading Passages Printable October 1- Price will increase to $60, Full Value $110
- October Reading Passages Digital October 1- Price will increase to $60, Full Value $110
- November Reading Passages Printable November 1- Price will increase to $65, Full Value $110
- November Reading Passages November 1- Price will increase to $65, Full Value $110
- December Reading Passages Printable December 1- Bundle Discount = $79, Full Value $110
- December Reading Passages Digital December 1- Bundle Discount = $79, Full Value $110
What makes these Kindergarten Reading Passages so unique?
This product includes four reading passage topics per month (June and July are combined into one summer set). Each topic in this set includes two leveled passages (one harder and one easier), and multiple choice and free response answer options for each passage. That’s a total of 176 options in this set! The passages have been carefully leveled, and the levels are subtly marked with a small icon in the corner (a heart icon labels the easier version, and the star the harder version). No child will feel left out since the mark is only a small symbol. Because both of the leveled options have the same questions, you can assign each child the page that is most appropriate for their level while still discussing the same topics and questions with the full class. Differentiation made simple! Alternatively, you can always assign the full class the passage option.
Every passage includes three comprehension questions. Instead of the questions focusing solely on the “what,” Special attention has been given to include other types of questions (example: who, when, where, why, how). This prepares children for longer paragraph-driven text they will approach in 1st grade. These questions also invite students to cite textual evidence for their answers using colored writing utensils (printable version) or movable clipart pieces (digital version), a skill that increases readers’ confidence. Additionally, free-response and multiple-choice options are given for each topic. This gives you versatility. Assign the multiple-choice option, if you’re crunched for time, assign free-response to focus on handwriting, etc.
Relevant content sparks students’ interest and increases engagement. Not only do these passages include a variety of nonfiction and fiction stories, but your students will also be excited to study topics like holidays and seasons that are part of their present environment. Kindergarteners are at the adorable age where every holiday and season is monumental. Use that to help them develop key reading comprehension skills. Remember, this is a growing bundle, so your students may not be the only ones excited about the topics. Don’t worry; we won’t judge if you also find yourself looking forward to the surprise of which seasons and holidays will soon make an appearance! Keep in mind that the surprise is also the reason for the steep and sweet discount! If you’re interested, grab the bundle before it stops growing.
Yes, the differentiation provides versatility, but more options are included, as well. Print and digital options are in this bundle (and it’s so handy to have both during these academic times when many schools are shifting here and there to accommodate for COVID). You can switch between free-response and multiple choice, and you’ll also find versatility in the passages themselves. Some passages are fiction, others nonfiction. You’ll find everything from science fiction themes to simple biographies. If you want to expose your students to a world of versatile writing and reading, these monthly differentiated reading comprehension passages are your ticket!
Full Contents of the Kindergarten Grade Monthly Differentiated Reading Comprehension Passages Growing Bundle:
Each monthly set includes the following:
- A Note To Teacher – Instructions so you’ll know just how to get the most out of these passages
- Passage Differentiation Information – A guide so you can easily differentiate with this resource
- Reading Comprehension Information – A key that identifies how icons on the question sheet connect to reading skills, so you can monitor students’ progress on activating background knowledge, comprehending key details, and meeting grade-level standards.
- Answer Keys – To make grading and discussions a breeze
Note– each of the following passages listed will be available in PDF and Google Slides!
January Differentiated Reading Passages:
- Icy Animals Passages & Questions – A nonfiction passage about how a few unique animals embrace the cold
- Martin Passages & Questions – A fictional story with historical roots about a boy named after Martin Luther King Jr.
- Ice Roads Passages & Questions – Learn about the functions of Canadian ice roads
- Robot New Year Passages & Questions – A science fiction story about a robot and her friend.
February Differentiated Reading Passages:
- Leap Day Fun Facts Passages & Questions – A nonfiction trivia list about Feb. 29. Theme: Leap Day (February 29)
- Gordon’s Shadow Passages & Questions – A comical story about a scared groundhog. Theme: Groundhog Day (February 2)
- Dr. Williams Passages & Questions – A short biography of Dr. Daniel Hale Williams. Theme: Black History Month
- Valentine Letter Passages & Questions– A love letter. Can you guess who the recipient is? Theme: Valentine’s Day (February 14)
March Differentiated Reading Passages:
- Clean Up Passages & Questions – An expository article detailing a simple way to clean up
- Pi Day Passages & Questions – A narrative story about a young girl who wins a math contest
- Green Parade Passages & Questions – A dialogue-driven story of a parade planner
- Vic’s Diary Passages & Questions – A simplified historical fiction journal account of a farmworker’s plight and interaction with Cesar Chavez
April Differentiated Reading Passages:
- The Prank Passages & Questions – Two brothers. Two holidays. One prank. Themes: April Fools Day (April 1), Easter
- Alien Visit Passages & Questions -An alien visits earth expecting to find it dirty and littered. He’s surprised to find Earthlings love and care for their planet. Theme: Earth Day
- Birds Sing Passages & Questions – A nonfiction intro to birdsong. Theme: Spring
- Flower Fable Passages & Questions – Flowers take on personalities in this prose with a moral. Theme: Spring
May Differentiated Reading Passages:
- Reptile Passages & Questions – A fictional encounter with a large reptile explains the factual differences between crocodiles and alligators. Themes: National Alligator Day (May 29)
- All Aboard! Passages & Questions – A real-life travel guide to Golden Spike National Historical Park. Themes: National Train Day (2nd Saturday in May), National Transportation Week (The week that includes the third Friday in May), anniversary of the completion of the first transcontinental railroad (May 10)
- Dap’s Quest Passages & Questions – A fantasy tale about a lad’s venture to find the ideal Mother’s Day gift. Themes: Mother’s Day
- Philo’s TV Passages & Questions – Learn a bit about Philo Farnsworth who came up with the idea for the TV when he was still a kid. Themes: National Inventors Month
Summer Differentiated Reading Passages (June/July):
- Space Doll Passages & Questions – The first astronaut in space took a doll with him! Learn about their journey in this nonfiction passage. Themes: Space Exploration Day (July 20)
- Flag Day Passages & Questions – Historical fiction narrative meets poetry in this account written through the perspective of a fictional student in Bernard Cigrand’s 1885 school class. Cigrand is known widely as “The Father of Flag Day.” Themes: Flag Day (June 14)
- Summer Party Passages & Questions – The narrator shares a birthday with the summer solstice! Read about her party in this passage. Themes: Summer Solstice (June 20-22)
- The Salad Passages & Questions – There’s an interesting dish at the July 4th picnic. Is it edible? Themes: Fourth of July
August Differentiated Reading Passages:
September Differentiated Reading Passages:
October Differentiated Reading Passages:
November Differentiated Reading Passages:
December Differentiated Reading Passages:
BEST DEAL: If you’re looking for a resource like this that spans multiple grade levels, please check out our mega bundle: Kindergarten – 6th Grade Monthly Differentiated Reading Comprehension Passages Growing Bundle.
Be sure to check out all of our reading passages. This also pairs perfectly with the resources below!