Peek inside the reading passages in the video below
What makes these Reading Passages so unique?
There are 3 differentiated versions of each passage for a total of 96 passage options PER grade level (1-6)! These passages have been carefully leveled and the levels are subtly marked with a small icon in the corner. All 3 levels of passages will use the same reading comprehension question page, making differentiation simple! No child will feel left out since the mark is only a small symbol.
Please note: Kindergarten is leveled slightly differently. There are 2 differentiated text versions and a multiple choice and free response version of each passage. That’s a total of 128 passage options for Kindergarten
Every passage includes a full page of comprehension questions. The first question on every page will help students activate their background knowledge about the passage topic. This question is followed by comprehension questions from the text (multiple choice and free response). Last, there is a deeper thinking question to encourage critical thinking and hit a variety of grade level language arts standards.
BONUS! A half page option is also included for the reading comprehension questions (not pictured) This is a GREAT option if you want to save on paper while printing!
Please note: For the Kindergarten passages, the passage and question are included on the same page.
This resource makes recording data simple for you. There are several options included for tracking reading fluency! Up to 3 reads of each passage can be recorded directly on the passage page. A teacher recording sheet and a student graph are also included. Directions are included, so you will know exactly what to do!
A wide variety of passage topics included
This comprehensive set of reading passages includes a variety of fiction and non-fiction passages. From stories to how-to lists, rest assured that your students will be reading a wide variety of texts with these passages! You can see the list of passages included in the full contents below.
Differentiated Google Slides Made Easy
In addition to the PDF, this bundle also includes the Google Slides editions for every passage. The passages and questions are on the same page… no scrolling back and forth to answer questions. Movable clip art pieces for marking the answers and highlighting text is included on the same page as well. We also include a link to each leveled passages separately, so you can assign the correct version to each student without any confusion.
Overview of the Reading Passages for Comprehension and Fluency:
Each document includes the following. Passage names may slightly vary by grade level because we made sure the titles were at an appropriate reading level for each grade.
- Note to Teacher
- Passage Differentiation Information
- Reading Comprehension Information
- Reading Fluency Information
- Binder Cover, Back Cover, & Spines
- Reading Fluency Teacher Graph Pages
- Reading Fluency Student Graph Pages
- Volleyball Club Passages & Questions
- The Balloon Animal Passages & Questions
- How To Put On a School Musical Passages & Questions
- Carter’s Fear Passages & Questions
- The Scientific Method Passages & Questions
- Tommy the Custodian Passages & Questions
- My Love For Dogs Passages & Questions
- Miguel and the Plant Passages & Questions
- Bring Sports Back Passages & Questions
- History of the Keyboard Passages & Questions
- Who’s On Our Money? Passages & Questions
- Change Your Thoughts Passages & Questions
- The Missing Shoes Passages & Questions
- Homes Passages & Questions
- Police Pals Passages & Questions
- Job Shadow Passages & Questions
- Grasslands Passages & Questions
- Government Passages & Question
- Famous Sisters Passages & Questions
- The Ball Game Passages & Questions
- Going Green! Passages & Questions
- Family Vacation Passages & Questions
- Watercolor Passages & Questions
- The Cookie Passages & Questions
- New School Passages & Questions
- The Fort Passages & Questions
- Bullies Passages & Questions
- Track Injury Passages & Questions
- Camp Story Passages & Questions
- The Bake Sale Passages & Questions
- Rock Collection Passages & Questions
- Fairy Celebration Passages & Questions
- Answer Keys