Check out this video of the March Sub Plans for K-6! This listing is for grades 5-6.
This Resource Includes:
“March ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
“March ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
St. Patrick’s Day Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are St. Patrick’s Day themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Shamrock Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun shamrock theme!
St. Patrick’s Day Themed Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
Copies for Students
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA Lesson Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: March Fill-In-The-Blanks
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc! Students will get a kick out of these while practicing their parts of speech.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: March Fixing Sentences
- Students will fix sentences at an upper grade level with these fun and engaging worksheets.
Writing Lesson: How To Catch a Leprechaun
- Students will brainstorm and write about how they would catch a leprechaun. Then they will draw a picture.
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming page, writing page, and illustration page.
Opinion Writing Lesson: Is Basketball the Best Sport?
- Students will write about their opinion about whether basketball is the best sport or not. This ties in perfectly with all the basketball games in March!
- Includes lesson plan, brainstorming page, and writing page.
Reading Prompts & Lesson
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is a narrative piece about wearing green and the other is an informational passage about International Women’s Day.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on asking questions during reading. This lesson can be used over and over.
- Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
“Lucky Clover” ELA Review Game
- Students will practice parts of speech and figurative language with a FUN and engaging board game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
Basketball Flap Book Activity
- Students will draw and color their favorite experience with basketball inside the flap book. They will also write a short statement. The lesson plan is also included.
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY? You can find these reviews on my “Ready To Go Sub Plans” on TpT, which follow the same formatting as these brand new ones.
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”
Want to get the best deal and to get organized for the whole year? Save 20% AND get the organization bonus when you purchase this in the Year of ELA Sub Plans Bundle for 5th-6th grades!