This Resource Includes:
“May ELA Sub Plans” Binder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Not pictured in preview, but included in the download. 🙂
- A list of everything that is included!
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are spring-themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
“How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also includes the fun spring theme!
Spring Themed Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: May Fill-In-The-Blanks
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, colors, adjectives, adverbs, etc! Students will get a kick out of these while practicing their parts of speech.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: Fixing Sentences for May
- Students will fix sentences at an upper grade level with these fun and engaging worksheets. Two of the worksheets have a spring theme and two have a summer theme!
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
Writing Lesson: Opinion Writing
- Students will write a short essay on whether they think there should be extra homework over the summer.
- Lesson plan and 3 Graphic Organizers are included
Writing Lesson: Narrative Writing
- Students will brainstorm their favorite memories from throughout the year. They will choose one to focus on and write about it and illustrate it!
- Includes lesson plan and 2 Graphic Organizers
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is Spring themed and another is looking forward to Summer.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on summarizing reading. The great thing is that it can be used over and over!
- Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
“Race to Summer” ELA Review Game
- Students will practice their parts of speech AND figurative language with a FUN and engaging board game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over! A colored version of the game has also been added.
“What I Like About Spring” Art Activity
- This interactive art activity has students write 5 things they love about spring and illustrate a picture for each one on the petal of a flower. They will then put it together and decorate it!
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY?
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”