WANT TO SAVE MONEY AND BE PREPARED ALL YEAR? You can grab this set of sub plans in my An Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans for Pre-K GROWING Bundle! You save BIG TIME by grabbing the bundle early! The price will increase as new resources are added!
This Resource Includes:
“November ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
“November ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Wishbone Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are wishbone themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Turkey Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun turkey theme!
Thanksgiving Themed Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
Copies for Students
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA Lesson Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1- Letter Writing Practice with G, H, and I
- Students will practice writing the letters G, H, and I and identify objects that use their sounds. Thanksgiving themed!
- Includes lesson plan & 3 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2 Rhyming: Sounds -ISH and -OB
- Students will do a cut and paste activity to practice rhyming! They will find words to match “DISH” and “COB” to keep up the Thanksgiving theme.
- Includes lesson plan & 1 page of cut out cards and 2 pages for students to sort and paste them.
Thanksgiving Tracing and Writing Lessons
- Students will trace Thanksgiving items and write a sentence to accompany their picture
- Lesson plan and 3 trace and write pages included
Letter Writing Lesson Thank You to a Veteran
- Students will write color a picture for a veteran and write a sentence to thank them for their service.
- Lesson plan and writing/illustration pages included.
Writing Lesson Turkey in Disguise
- Students will create their own disguise for a turkey by illustrating their idea and writing a sentence about it.
- The writing and illustration page is included.
- Students will put the pictures of “How To Eat Corn on the Cob” in order.
- This page contains some suggested questions you can ask your students to spark conversation about the book(s) you are reading with them.
- Also includes an illustration page for students to illustrate their response to the comprehension question
Thanksgiving CVC Practice Mats
- These CVC word mats are perfect for student to practice reading CVC words (3 letter words with consonant, vowel, consonant such as dog, cat, leg)
- Includes five mats, one for each vowel. Both color and black and white version are included!
“Turkey!” Sight Words Game
- Students will practice their sight words with a FUN and engaging sight words game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
Thanksgiving Alphabet Memory Game
- This alphabet memory game will help students practice letters and their sounds. All the words in the game are Thanksgiving themed!
Sugar Skull Craftivity
- This Sugar Skull craftivity is in honor of Dia de los Muertos (a Mexican holiday on November 2). The lesson includes a brief description of the holiday and directions for students to create their own sugar school flap book!
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
- By purchasing this resource, you will have access to it on your account forever! We do not limit how many times you can download and access your resource. Computer crashed? Not a problem! Just log into your account and download it again.
- You will also have access to ALL future updates and additions to this resource! Whenever the resource is updated, you will be able to download it again in your account. You will also receive updates via email as long as you stay subscribed to our list.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY? You can find these reviews on my “Ready To Go Sub Plans” on TpT, which follow the same formatting as these brand new ones.
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”