This Resource Includes:
“October ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
“October ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Ghost- Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are ghost themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Pumpkin Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun pumpkin theme!
Copies for Students
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA Lesson Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1
- October Fill-In-The-Blank: These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, colors, etc! They are simple enough for young students to be able to do, but also a fun and educational activity. For the beginning of the year, blank versions are also available without the parts of speech. Younger students can just fill in the blanks instead.
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2
- Fixing Sentences for October: Students will fix sentences with these fun and engaging worksheets. These include Halloween, Columbus Day, and pumpkin themes!
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
Opinion Writing Lesson: Which Candy is Better?
- Students will brainstorm 2 candies as a class and will write their own opinion piece about which candy is better!
- Includes lesson plan and 3 Graphic Organizers
Reading Prompts & Lesson
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is an informational piece about bats and the other is a narrative about a costume party.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on visualizing as they read. The great thing is that it can be used over and over!
- Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
“Boo!” Sight Words Game
- Students will practice their sight words with a FUN and engaging sight words game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
- This interactive pumpkin craftivity has students write what they are looking forward to this year and illustrating it on the inside of an apple. They will then put it together and decorate it!
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
- By purchasing this resource, you will have access to it on your account forever! We do not limit how many times you can download and access your resource. Computer crashed? Not a problem! Just log into your account and download it again.
- You will also have access to ALL future updates and additions to this resource! Whenever the resource is updated, you will be able to download it again in your account. You will also receive updates via email as long as you stay subscribed to our list.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY? You can find these reviews on my “Ready To Go Sub Plans” on TpT, which follow the same formatting as these brand new ones.
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”