The 3rd & 4th grade October ELA lesson plans include:
“October ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! The back cover is also included.
“October ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″, or 2″ binder!
Table of Contents
- A list of everything that is included in the 3rd & 4th grade October ELA lesson plans!
Note to Teacher
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Ghost-Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank-you notes are ghost themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Pumpkin Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This substitute notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun pumpkin theme!
Halloween Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
Copies for Students List
- A clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
ELA October Lesson Plan Checklist
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: October Fill-In-The-Blank
- These basic fill-in-the-blanks allow students to fill in the blanks of stories using nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.! Students will get a kick out of these while practicing their parts of speech
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: October Fixing Sentences
- Students will fix sentences at an upper-grade level with these fun and engaging worksheets. These incorporate Halloween, Columbus Day, and pumpkin activities themes!
- Includes lesson plan & 4 worksheets
Informative Writing Lesson: How To Make a Costume
- Students will write step-by-step directions on how to put together a costume of their choice.
- A lesson plan and 2 Graphic Organizers are included
Opinion Writing Lesson: Which Candy is Better?
- Students will brainstorm 2 candies as a class and will write their own opinion piece about which candy is better!
- Includes lesson plan and 3 Graphic Organizers
Reading Prompts & Lessons
- 2 reading passages are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the passages is an informational piece about bats and the other is a narrative about a costume party.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read-aloud OR silent reading of any narrative story. It is focused on visualizing as they read. The great thing is that it can be used over and over!
- A lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
“Boo!” ELA Review Game
- Students will practice their parts of speech AND figurative language with a FUN and engaging board game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
- This interactive pumpkin craftivity has students write what they are looking forward to this year and illustrate it on the inside of a pumpkin. They will then put it together and decorate it!
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets in the 3rd & 4th grade October ELA lesson plans
Save 20% when you purchase this in the Year of ELA Sub Plans Bundle for 3rd-4th grades!
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY? You can find these reviews on my “Ready To Go Sub Plans” on TpT, which follow the same formatting as these brand new ones.
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”