WANT TO SAVE MONEY AND BE PREPARED ALL YEAR? You can grab this set of sub plans in my An Entire Year of ELA Sub Plans for Kindergarten- THE BIG BUNDLE! You will save 20% by purchasing the full year in the bundle!
This Resource Includes:
- “October ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover: This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
- “October ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines: These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder!
- Table of Contents: A list of everything that is included!
- Note to Teacher: This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
- Ghost Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s): These print-and-go thank you notes are ghost themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
- Pumpkin Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form: This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun pumpkin theme!
- Halloween Substitute Punch Cards: These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
- Copies for Students: Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
- ELA Lesson Checklist: This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
- ELA Lesson #1: Letter Writing Practice with D, E, and F: Students will practice writing the letters D, E, and F and identify objects that use their sounds. Halloween themed! Includes lesson plan & 3 worksheets
- ELA Lessons #2: Rhyming: Sounds -AT and -ICK: Students will do a cut and paste activity to practice rhyming! They will find words to match “CAT” and “TRICK” to keep up the Halloween theme. Includes lesson plan & 1 page of cut out cards and 2 pages for students to sort and paste them.
- Writing Lesson: Spooky Acrostic Poem: Students will write an acrostic poem- using one word for each of the letters in the word “SPOOKY”! Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
- Opinion Writing Lesson: Which Treat is Better? Students will circle whether they think a caramel apple or lollipop is better and explain why. Lesson plan and writing/illustration page included.
- Writing Lesson: My Halloween Costume: Students will write about their Halloween costume and what they like about it! The writing and illustration page is included.
- Sequencing Lesson: Students will put the pictures of “How To Carve A Pumpkin” in order and finish a brief sentence for each.
- Reading Prompts & Lesson: 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! One of the prompts is an informational piece about bats and the other is about a costume party. A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
- Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book! This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud for any narrative story. It is focused on visualizing during reading. The great thing is that it can be used over and over! Lesson plan and graphic organizer included
- “Boo!” Sight Words Game: Students will practice their sight words with a FUN and engaging sight words game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
- Pumpkin Craftivity: This interactive pumpkin craftivity has students draw a picture of their favorite October character and create a guessing game. They will then put it together and decorate it!
- Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides: Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
- By purchasing this resource, you will have access to it on your account forever! We do not limit how many times you can download and access your resource. Computer crashed? Not a problem! Just log into your account and download it again.
- You will also have access to ALL future updates and additions to this resource! Whenever the resource is updated, you will be able to download it again in your account. You will also receive updates via email as long as you stay subscribed to our list.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY? You can find these reviews on my “Ready To Go Sub Plans” on TpT, which follow the same formatting as these brand new ones.
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”