What is included in these Summer Review Packets?
Each activity, in this summertime review, includes an optional lesson plan that can be utilized to teach the children about the concepts inside the packet.
Our lesson plans are always simple enough that anyone, regardless of teaching experience, can use them. (Note: These packets involve generic wording, such as “child” instead of “student”, so they are versatile enough to be used by teachers and parents alike)
We know your kids have a lot of other fun things they want to do this summer as well, so these games and activities pack a powerful punch in a short amount of time.
The entire contents of the summer review packets are summer-themed, featuring adorable summer graphics, making these activities fun and engaging for kids.
See our summer review packets in action below!
*Please note this video shows a small snapshot of ALL of our available grades, pre-K through 5th!
Please note: These packets review grade-level content, so we generally recommend purchasing the grade level your children/students have just completed. By purchasing all the grades in this bundle, you’ll be able to mix and match as needed so you can perfectly fit the needs of the kids you are using them with.
Each grade level summer review packet includes (please note a few differences by grade level, noted in the text below):
- Adorable Summer Cover: A cute cover for your child’s summer packet with summer graphics is included so you can slide it into their binder or staple it to the front of their packet. There is a spot for their name, so it’ll be easy to set them apart if you have multiple children.
- Simple Lesson Plans for the Activities: Not an experienced teacher? No worries. We’ve been writing ready-to-go lessons that ANYONE can teach for over 5 years now. They are simple enough that anyone can follow them, but real learning is involved. Win-win!
- Daily Summer Math Review: This quick summer math review will go over grade-appropriate math content broken up into five days, so your child can keep their math skills fresh! Do one problem a day if you start at the beginning of the summer- or double up if you start later in the summer.
- Weekly Math Facts Fluency Practice: (No math fluency in Pre-K) These include 15-20 problems that the students should be able to solve quickly. This helps them practice their fluency skills. There are 10 of these included in each packet!
- Math Dot-To-Dot: (Pre-K only, instead of fluency practice) Kids can practice counting 1-10 with these dot-to-dot activities!
- Counting Activities: (Pre-K and Kindergarten Only) These 5 hands-on counting activities include summer-themed cutouts (such as shells, surfboards, and more) with coordinating counting mats for your kids to practice counting and numbers. A lesson plan is also included! These are fun to use over and over all summer long.
- Backward Story Problem: (1st-5th Grade Only) The students are given an answer and need to come up with a problem that has their answer. Then, they will brainstorm who and what the problem is about, write the problem, and draw a picture. The backward story problem is broken up into five days.
- Math Game: A themed math game containing a math mat and cards is included with Pre-K and Kindergarten packets.
- Reading Lessons to Use with ANY Book! (Kindergarten- 5th Grade Only) There are 5 lesson plans and graphic organizers for 5 reading comprehension strategies. You can switch strategies every 2 weeks, or mix and match however you would like. This lesson can be used over and over with different books each time! Only in Kindergarten-5th grade plackets.
- Summer Alphabet Memory Game (Pre-K Only) This alphabet memory game will help students practice letters and their sounds. All the words in the game are summer themed!
- Summer CVC and Number Practice Mats (Pre-K Only) These CVC word mats are perfect for kids to practice reading CVC words (3 letter words with consonant, vowel, consonant such as dog, cat, leg) and identifying numbers 1-10
- Comprehension Questions: This page contains some suggested questions you can ask your student to spark conversation about the book(s) you are reading with them so that students can continue their comprehension skills even while they are home.
- Daily Sentence Work: The daily sentence work addresses all core standards in language for each grade level. Students will correct one sentence each day for the duration of the summer (or, if you start mid-summer, you can opt to double up instead!) 10 pages are included with 5 sentences per page.
- Summer Writing Lessons: Writing is a great way for kids to use their imagination over the summer! Students will practice narrative, informative, opinion, poetry, letter writing, and comic book writing! Tons of passages are included… all of which have a summer theme.
- Color by Number & Color by Word: Five color-by-number and five color-by-letter/word worksheets are included in the PreK through 5th-grade packets.
- Directed Drawing: Step-by-step “How To” draw art and writing activity! Students will learn to draw something new each week… with a summer theme. This will help students practice their drawing and fine motor skills while also having fun! There are 10 directed drawings included, so your kids can do a new one each week.
- “Ice Cream Party” Language Arts Board Game: This ice cream board game will help your kids review grade-level sight words or grade-level language arts content while having fun! Game board, large dice cutouts, game piece cutouts, playing cards, and game rules included. Full color and black and white games included!
- “Mister Sun” Math Board Game: This ice cream board game will help your kids review grade-level math concepts while having fun! Game board, large dice cutouts, game piece cutouts, playing cards, and game rules included. Full color and black and white games included!
Want all-year activities to go with your summertime review? Our At Home Learning Packets complement the summer learning packets perfectly!
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT OUR PREVIOUS AT-HOME LEARNING ACTIVITIES?!
- “Thank you for providing this much-needed resource as we engage in social distancing in schools.”
- “Thank you for this resource and everything that you provide. Your work is always amazing and helpful.”
- “Thank you for being so thoughtful in providing this resource to our students!”
- “As a first-year teacher, I greatly appreciate this! I have been extremely concerned as I was unprepared for something like this.”
- “Kelsey this resource is SO GREAT! Just as a mom, there are so many of these activities I can be doing with my elementary-aged kid while he’s home from school.”
- “This is awesome! What a great variety of activities! Thank you again for this wonderful resource!”
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me and I’ll try my best to help you out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org