This Resource Includes:
“Summer ELA Sub Plans” Binder or Folder Cover
- This adorable cover can be at the front of your folder or binder! Back cover also included.
“Summer ELA Sub Plans” Binder Spines
- These spines will work if you put your plans in a 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binder!
- A list of everything that is included!
- This note to YOU explains what you need to do to get the sub plans ready. Basically, you just need to print, copy, etc!
Beach Themed Thank You Notes to your Substitute(s)
- These print-and-go thank you notes are beach themed! They are a half page so you can save on paper and ink.
Sun Themed “How Did Your Day Go?” Substitute Notes Form
- This notes form gives your sub a space to write students who did well, those who struggled, what they didn’t get to, and any additional notes. Perfect to be sure you know just how the day went. It also boasts a fun in the sun theme!
Beach Themed Substitute Punch Cards
- These punch cards make a great behavior incentive for JUST when there is a sub- a.k.a. when students may need a little more help! 😉 These will do the trick!
- Clear layout of what you, a staff member, or the sub will need to copy for the students for the entire day
- This is where you let the sub know which lessons to use for the day. You can check a box to let them know to use ALL the lessons for a full day of plans, OR you can check individual lessons you would like used during your ELA block.
ELA Lesson #1: Alphabet Review
- The September-May sets reviewed a few letters at a time- so now, the summer set includes a FULL alphabet review! This review lesson includes 5 alphabet review worksheets. The students will match each letter to the picture that begins with the corresponding sound. Sumer themed!
- Includes lesson plan & 3 worksheets
ELA Lessons #2: Rhyming: Sounds -AY and -ELL
- Students will do a cut and paste activity to practice rhyming! They will find words to match “SPRAY” and “SHELL” to keep up the springtime theme.
- Includes lesson plan & 1 page of cut out cards and 2 pages for students to sort and paste them.
Writing Lesson: SummerAcrostic Poem
- Students will write an acrostic poem- using one word for each of the letters in the word “SUMMER”!
- Lesson plan and 2 graphic organizers included
Writing Lesson: How To Build a Sandcastle
- Students will write about how they would build a sandcastle and draw a picture of it.
- Lesson plan and writing/illustration page included.
Writing Lesson: Which Summer Treat is Better?
- Students will circle which summer treat is better- ice cream or popsicle. They will explain why and draw a picture.
- Students will put the pictures of a child diving off a diving board in order and finish a brief sentence for each.
- 2 reading prompts are included at 2 different levels. Choose one to use or use both and differentiate! The first is a narrative story about a summer party and the second is about surfing.
- A lesson plan is included to introduce the topics for each reading prompt as well!
Reading Lesson to use with ANY Book!
- This reading lesson can be used for a class read aloud for any narrative story. It is focused on visualizing while reading. Students will draw a picture of what they visualize during the read aloud. This lesson can be used over and over with new stories!
- Lesson plan and graphic organizer included
“Beach Ball Party” Sight Words Game
- Students will practice their sight words with a FUN and engaging sight words game! A game board, dice (to fold and glue), game pieces, and game cards are all included. Your kids will want to play it over and over!
- Students will draw and color their sun flap book and also draw a picture inside of it. The lesson plan is also included.
Answer Keys & Worksheet Guides
- Answer Keys and Worksheet Guides are included for ALL student worksheets.
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MY SUB PLANS PREVIOUSLY?
“These sub plans have been the BEST discovery I have made on TPT! Thank you for making these wonderful and all inclusive plans that are so easy to use, especially when you are sick and the last thing you want to do is write sub plans!”
“I have purchased several sets of emergency sub plans, and they just never fit my needs. These, however, are just what I’ve been looking for! Easy prep, easy for the sub to follow! I recommend this to anyone needing emergency plans.”
“These are fantastic! I purchased, copied, and stored in a sub tub. I told a neighbor where the tub was and all she did was put my tub on my desk and the day ran SO SMOOTHLY!”