Ready for your students to truly understand the water cycle? This unit is for you! This product includes a sample unit calendar so you can use it as your entire water cycle unit. It would also work well as supplemental hands-on activities to integrate into your current water cycle unit! Color and B&W pages are included!
In this product, you will get:
- Water Cycle Thematic Unit Outline: This outline gives a brief overview of each of the components of the entire product to make planning your unit easy and effortless.
- Unit Sample Calendar: The sample calendar is a guide to use each of the lessons as a complete water cycle unit.
- Unit Introduction Lesson and Water Cycle KWL: This introductory lesson introduces the students to the water cycle and has the students fill out the first part of their water cycle KWL chart to spark their interest.
- Water Cycle Vocabulary Lesson and Worksheets: This water cycle vocabulary lesson and worksheets will familiarize your students with the terminology associated with the water cycle. You may use the Vocabulary Cards during this lesson as well!
- Water Cycle Vocabulary Cards/Word Wall/Posters: These Vocabulary pages contain REAL PICTURES and the definitions of the following water cycle vocabulary words: The Water Cycle, evaporation, condensation, precipitation, collection, runoff, and vapor.
- The Water Cycle Worksheet: This worksheet has students fill in each of the steps of the water cycle.
Science Lesson Plan and Worksheets: Students will create their own mini water cycle using a bowl, mug, water, etc. to show each of the steps. They will conduct the experiment using the scientific method laid out on the accompanying worksheets.
- Language Arts Lesson Plan and Worksheet: Students will create a “Living Sentence” for the water cycle. Students will review the parts of speech to create an interesting sentence and act it out as a group.
- Writing Lesson Plan and Worksheet: Students will write a “Story of a Raindrop” a first-person narrative about a raindrop going through the water cycle.
- Art Lesson Plan: Students will love creating a shaving cream artwork of the water cycle.
Social Studies Lesson and Worksheet: Students will learn about how the water cycle affects them and their community.
- Water Cycle Newspaper Project Lesson Plan and Newspaper Template: Students will write two articles about the water cycle in their community, a comic, and an illustration. A draft newspaper template and final newspaper template are included to help take your students from the drafting process to the final project.
- Water Cycle Unit Rubrics: Rubrics are included for the lessons and for the final project to make the grading process easy.
For the best deal, grab this resource as part of my Weather and Water Cycle Units Bundle!