The product includes a sample unit calendar so you can use it as your water cycle unit. It would also work well as supplemental hands-on activities to integrate into your current water cycle unit! Color and B&W pages are included!
Please review this unit thoroughly before purchasing to be sure it covers the standards you are required to meet and is a good fit for your class (product description and preview)!
- Water Cycle Thematic Unit Outline: This outline gives a brief overview of each of the components of the entire product.
- Unit Sample Calendar: The sample calendar is a guide to use each of the lessons as a complete water cycle unit.
- Unit Introduction Lesson and Water Cycle KWL: This introductory lesson introduces the students to the water cycle and has the students fill out the first part of their water cycle KWL chart.
- Water Cycle Vocabulary Lesson and Worksheets: This water cycle vocabulary lesson and worksheets will familiarize your students with the terminology associated with the water cycle. You may use the Vocabulary Cards during this lesson as well!
- Water Cycle Vocabulary Cards/Word Wall/Posters: These Vocabulary pages contain REAL PICTURES and the definitions of the following water cycle vocabulary words: The Water Cycle, evaporation, condensation, precipitation, collection, runoff, and vapor.
- The Water Cycle Worksheet: This worksheet has students fill in each of the steps of the water cycle.
- Science Lesson Plan and Worksheets: Students will create their own mini water cycle using a bowl, mug, water, etc. to show each of the steps. They will conduct the experiment using the scientific method.
- Language Arts Lesson Plan and Worksheet: Students will create a “Living Sentence” for the water cycle. Students will review the parts of speech to create an interesting sentence and act it out as a group.
- Writing Lesson Plan and Worksheet: Students will write a “Story of a Raindrop” about a raindrop going through the water cycle
- Art Lesson Plan: Students will create a shaving cream artwork of the water cycle.
- Social Studies Lesson and Worksheet: Students will learn about how the water cycle affects them and their community.
- Water Cycle Newspaper Project Lesson Plan and Newspaper Template: Students will write two articles about the water cycle in their community, a comic, and an illustration. A draft newspaper template and final newspaper template are included.
- Water Cycle Unit Rubrics: Rubrics are included for the lessons and for the final project.
- Black and White Versions INCLUDED! All pages (besides vocabulary poster/ word wall pages) are included in both color AND black and white for your convenience!